It is our understanding that these criteria make a model efficient in itself and in generating a field for Terra Nova. We support projects which:
1) Work towards decentralized regional self-sufficiency in water, food and energy thus providing the complicity-free material base for a new culture.
2) Give equal attention to inner and outer peace work. It is seldom that a project fails due to external pressure alone. Egoic structures like struggles for power and attention, jealousy and envy need to be addressed and transformed for the healing of our culture of separation. This work must be held in balance with the needs of and the service to the larger whole.
3) Accept and address love and sexuality as aspects of the dominant culture which are in particular need of healing. These issues must be released from the domain of privacy and brought into public discourse for the healing and learning of all.
4) Support a spiritual practice which places the sacredness of life at its center.
5) Create an economy based on reciprocity, communal sharing and giving. One in which economy and ecology are restored to their right relationship – with economy serving ecology.